Our long-term objective is to decipher the genetic and epigenetic blueprints of cortical development and evolution. To accomplish this, we study the interplay between transcription factors, 3D nuclear organization and gene expression in vivo and using cerebral organoids. Our research is highly interdisciplinary and combines developmental neurobiology, single cell –omics, mouse genetics, CRISPR-based techniques and computational biology.
13. December 2019: The Bonev Lab wishes Merry Christmas!
26. November 2019: The first publication of the Bonev Lab is out in Molecular Cell. In collaboration with Michael Greenberg's Lab we studied how MeCP2 regulates transcription via 3D genome architecture in the brain.
07. November 2019: Boyan presents at the Future Medicine 2019, talking about how epigenetic regulation contributes to cell fate in the brain (Tagesspiegel).
30. October 2019: Boyan presents the lab’s latest findings at the 2019 IMB Conference: Chromosomal Territories & Nuclear Architecture IMB Conference
01. October 2019: Jei Diwakar joins the lab as PhD student. Jei comes from Rob Klose’s lab at the University of Oxford and will work on determining the causal relationship between transcription factor binding and 3D chromatin architecture.
01. September 2019: Madalena Carido joins the lab and takes over as Lab Manager, taking over from K. Wagner. Madalena will also examine the effect of disease-related mutations on 3D genome architecture in human iPSCs.
14. August 2019: Faye Chong joins the lab for her internship as part of the LMU MSc programme in Human Genetics. Faye will develop methods to integrate single cell RNA and ATAC data to better understand cell heterogeneity during brain development
01. July 2019: Vera Manelli joins the lab as PhD student. Vera comes from CRUK Cambridge and will work on unbiased identification of novel regulators of chromatin looping
11. June 2019: The official kick-off meeting of the DFG Priority Programme SPP2202 “Spatial genome architecture in development and disease”. See more about the consortium and our collaborative project here: DFG SPP2202
06. May 2019: Two Postdoc positions are available in our lab. If you are interested in our research, please apply here!
27. January 2019: A Postdoc, a PhD and a Lab Manager position are now available. If you are interested in our research, please apply here!
01. January 2019: Happy New Year 2019 full of wonderful experiments!
01. December 2018: Christoph Neumayer joins as an undergraduate student focusing on transcription factors and regulatory interaction.
01. September 2018: Kerstin Wagner joins as our new Lab Manager working on changes in 3D genome architecture during evolution.
29. August 2018: New Prelights article "Simultaneous production of diverse neuronal subtypes during early corticogenesis"